The Human Resources Department's mandate is to contribute to the carrying out of the Town of Hampstead's objectives through a strategic management of the work teams of its organization. By its expertise, it supports the management team of its different departments, notably by assuring the respect of the organization's values.
More particularly, the Human Resources Department is responsible for the following:
- Counsel and support high management in matters of elaboration, interpretation and administration of human resources management policies and directives;
- Good standings of labour relations between the Town and all its employees including negotiations and application of the different collective agreements, in respect with the law and rights in force;
- Promotion of good health and safety practices in the workplace;
- Remuneration management, including compiling and transferring payroll for all its employees and administering fringe benefits such as group insurance and pension plan;
- Personnel recruitment: manpower planning, job offers, selection and hiring of personnel;
- Organizational development including training activities and management succession planning.
Furthermore, the Human Resources Department makes sure that the Town of Hampstead presents a civil work environment, free from harassment. It also makes sure that the Town takes reasonable action to prevent harassment.
When new employees are hired by the Town, the Human Resources Department's objective is to select competent and qualified candidates who bring an added value to personnel already in place. In such situations, when competence and qualifications are equal, a Town resident application shall be preferred.
If you wish to apply for a job opening now published, or make known your interest at any time, you are invited to send your resume and a letter of intent via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Code of ethics and conduct for municipal employees of the Town of Hampstead
On November 5th 2012, the Council of the Town of Hampstead has adopted By-law no799 concerning the implementation of a Code of ethics and conduct for municipal employees of the Town of Hampstead. The By-law is available for consultation and reference at any time.
Human Resources Director