Private and Semi-private lessons
The Town is very proud to welcome back our two tennis pros, Greg Boire and Guillermo Jorquera, who bring with them a combined 60 years of tennis experience to the benefit of Hampstead players. Our pros are available for private lessons for season pass holders only at an additional charge. Lesson fees must be paid in full to the tennis pro at the start of each lesson. Please contact the tennis courts to book lessons at 514 369-8200, ext. 8267 or 8268. (Please allow 24 hours for the pros to return your call.)
Please respect your lesson time. There is a 24 hour cancellation notice required for all court activities and lessons. Please note: Only approved tennis pros/coaches recognized by the Town of Hamptead are permitted to teach at our facilities. The names and telephone numbers of approved tennis pros/coaches are available at the CSR office.
After-School Tennis Program
In this week-long tennis day camp, players will receive one and a half hours of intense tennis instruction per day. Please note that in case of rain, classes will be rescheduled.
|Ages||5 - 12 years old|
Session 1: May 22 - May 26
Session 2: May 29 - June 2
Session 1: Monday - Friday; 5:00 - 6:30 pm
Session 2: Monday - Friday; 5:00 - 6:30 pm
Tennis Season Pass Holder: $155
Non-Season Pass Holder: $180
Learn how to play tennis in this week-long tennis camp. The camp also includes swimming. In case of rain, the camp will continue in an indoor facility (travel by bus required). *Space is limited: 30 participants.*
|Ages||5 - 12 years old|
SESSION 1: July 10 - 14
SESSION 1: Monday - Friday , 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
|Place||Hampstead Park Tennis Courts|
Tennis Season Pass Holder: $305
Non-Season Pass Holder: $355
Open early May - early October
Opening Hours: 7:00 am - 10:00 pm, weather permitting* (5 courts at 7 am, only)
For further information, please call 514 369-8200, ext. 8260 or 8267 (as of May 1).
Policies and Regulations
To access the courts, all players are required to check-in at the tennis receptoin and present their season pass or daily guest pass prior to play. Fees, locations and dates are subject to change.
- Proper tennis attire is mandatory: Polo shirt or round neck shirt, 1 shade or tennis design.
- Flat soled tennis shoes, only. Cross-trainer running shoes are not permitted.
- Bicycle shorts and basketball-length shorts are not permitted.
Anyone who abuses his/her privileges may see his/her access to the courts suspended. All policies and regulations are subject to revision at any time. Enforcement of these policies is done by collaboration of the gate attendant, tennis pro and the CSR team.
If someone is found to be providing inaccurate information, it will lead to disciplinary measures including, and not limited to, the immediate removal from the courts and/or the possible revocation of the season pass without reimbursement.
Tennis Season Passes
What better way is there to stay fit in the summer than to get a season pass for tennis in Hampstead Park. Your season pass gives you access Hampstead’s renowned clay courts, so that you can experience all that Hampstead Tennis has to offer.
Hampstead's clay tennis courts are open to:
- Season pass holders with a valid 2017 pass.
- Hampstead rsidents with a daily guest pass.
- Non-residents with a daily guest pass (to a maximum of 3 times per season) accompanied by a season pass holder.
- Individuals registered in tennis programs sponsored by the Town, and only during the hours of the program.
Why get a season pass?
- No limit to when you can play.
- Play on interclub teams.
- Take lessons with our experienced pros.
- Invite a friend to play with you who may not live in Hampstead.
How to get your season pass.
In person: Register at the Irving L. Adessky Community Centre during regular office hours.
To register using either method, proof of residence is required before finalizing your transaction. Accepted proofs include:
- Adults: Driver’s license, Medicare card, school report card, municipal tax bill, most recent utility bill, original birth certificate and passport.
- Children: Verification note from school/ Report card with home address on it, original birth certificate.
Season Pass Fees 2017
|Tennis ONLY||Tennis & Pool|
|Family * Weekend or Weekday||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Student (14 - 25) Proof required||$235||$285||$250||$305|
* A family member is a person who resides full time at a given address, and is part of the immediate family (parents and children). Grandparents along with other family members may only be included in a family membership if they live FULL TIME at the same address. Proof of residence required.
**We reserved the right to limit the number of non-résident season pass holders.
Special Offers (promotional offers cannot be combined)
- Were you a season pass holder in 2016? Bring in a new member and get 10% off your 2017 pass.
The first 50 Hampstead residents who purchase a tennis season pass prior to April 13 will receive two free guest passes.
- Babysitters, nannies, visiting family members and family guests are not included in the family membership.
- Season pass fees will remain the same regardless of when the fees are paid. Fees are NOT pro-rated.
- There will be a $10.00 charge for lost season pass cards.
- Only Town-approved tennis pros/coaches are permitted to give lessons at the Hampstead Tennis Courts.
Daily Guest Passes
Guest passes are available at the CSR office during business hours and at the tennis courts after hours. Hampstead residents must show proof of residency to purchase daily passes. Only season pass holders are permitted to purchase a guest pass for a non-resident. There will be no refunds or rain checks for guest passes.
|Residents and guests of season pass holders|
|Students (14 - 25) / Senior (60+)||$12|
Guidelines for Daily Guest Passes
- All guests must be accompanied by the season pass holder, who is then responsible for their guests while on tennis property with regards to etiquette, attire, etc.
- Non-resident guests may use the courts a maximum of 3 times per season.
During Interclub and Tennis Camps, court access will be restricted for guests as follows:
- Doubles: Guests playing doubles with 2 season pass holders will be permitted to use the courts.
- Singles: Access will be based on court availability. We recommend that you call ahead to learn if courts are available. Guests for singles tennis are not permitted during the following periods:
- Interclub/Tennis Camps:
Monday to Friday: 9:00 - 11:00 am Monday to Friday: 4:30 - 6:30 pm
*Maintenance Periods: Because of the delicate nature of the clay surface, maintenance is conducted daily on the courts. Please note that maintenance is conduted in the morning, between 7 am and 8 am, and in the afternoon, from 1 pm and 4:30 pm. During this time half of the courts are closed. Please take note of this scheduling feature and be aware that courts are limited during these hours. A final maintenance period takes place after the courts are closed at night. Please take note that Thursday evenings (weather permitting) clay court material will be laid on 5 courts.
Please note that the tennis courts could be closed due to inclement weather, tournaments, Town sponsored events and maintenance issues. Call 514 369-8200, ext. 8267 or sign up to eHampstead to keep informed.