Getting a Dog License
Dog owners are obligated by law to register a dog license with their municipal government, increasing their chances of finding their pet if it is lost. Furthermore, it allows owners to validate that vaccinations for contagious diseases are up to date and provides them with a special electronic key to access the Hampstead Park dog run. Owners without valid licenses are liable to fines of $50 for the first offence and $100 for a second offence. To view By-law 761-3 Concerning Dogs.
Your permit will be valid when we verify the uploaded required documents online.
Required documents :
- Proof of residency;
- Proof of sterilization;
- Your most recent vaccination certificate.
Dog licenses are valid for one year from the initial registration date. Dog License fees are as follows and are subject to change:
|Loss of electronic key||$10|
|Loss of dog tag||$10|
Dogs are permitted in parks, on walkways only
- Dogs may go onto the grass beside a walkway so long as the owner is on the walkway.
- Under no circumstances are dogs permitted in children’s playground areas.
Dogs must always be on a leash of 12 feet maximum.
Dog owners must clean up appropriately and immediately after their dogs.
- Public security officers will exercise rigorous enforcement.
Dogs may be deemed dangerous.
- Further details on this subject are available in the By-law and may be consulted.
- Dog owners are obligated by law to clean their dog’s fecal matter.
- The neglect of cleaning up after one’s dog is liable to a fine of 300$ for the first offence and 500$ for each subsequent offence.
Located on the corner of Queen Mary and Fleet, it is the ideal place to let your dog run free and securely.
Residents with a Hampstead dog license can enjoy the Dog Run for free.
The fenced area is equipped with an electric lock, park benches, and water fountains for you and your pet’s convenience.
Monday – Friday: 7 am to 11 pm
Weekends and legal holidays: 7 am to 11 pm
RULES and REGULATIONS
WHEN USING HAMPSTEAD’S DOG RUN
- All dogs using the run must have a valid Hampstead Dog License.
- Dogs must be on a leash before entering and when leaving the dog run.
- The use of the dog run is at the discretion of the dog owners. The Town of Hampstead will not be held responsible for damages of property or injuries that may occur. Owners are legally responsible for their dogs and for injuries or damages caused by their dogs.
- NO dogs known to be aggressive toward other dogs or people (or exhibiting any threatening behavior) may enter the run.
- For the safety and security of your pet, the electronic door must be closed and locked upon entry and exit.
- Owners must clean up after their pets at once. Dog feces must be picked up immediately and deposited in the designated containers. Also, owners must immediately fill any holes dug up by their dogs.
- Owners are required to closely supervise their dogs at all times. At no time should an owner leave the run without their dog(s). Please exit the dog run if your dog exhibits aggressive behaviour or excessive barking.
This site is patrolled by Public Security. Users of the Dog Run whose dogs are unlicensed or who do not observe the rules are liable to receive a fine: up to $300 (first offence), up to $500 (any subsequent offences).