For resident affected by the power outage, please never use fuel-burning appliances (propane, gasoline, barbecues, lamps, space heaters, patio heaters, generators, etc.) indoors. If you are using a generator, install it outside, in a ventilated area, far from doors and windows. If possible, purchase a carbon monoxide detector and check the batteries if you already own one.
We invite residents to move to warming stations and emergency shelters set up around the city, or to large heated public spaces such as libraries, or shopping centers.
Hampstead’s Irving L. Adessky Community Center at 30 Lyncroft remains available for residents who do not have power. Tables and power bars have been set up to charge electronics. As you wait, please help yourself to coffee, water bottles, play board games, watch a movie, and more! Don’t forget your chargers, and travel safely.


Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are:

  • Headache
  • Dizziness
  • Fatigue
  • Visual disturbances (problems with vision)
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • In more severe cases, loss of consciousness and convulsions may occur, and even death.

If you suspect carbon monoxide poisoning, call 911 right away.